Friday, January 18, 2008

HIGHLIGHTS OF MY ACCOMPLISHMENT IN WRITING FOR 2007!

 
Before pursuing to the next facet of my writing for the year 2008 and onward, first and foremost, I would like to express my heartfelt thanks and gratitude to our Lord Almighty for giving me all these blessings, strength and courage; to my son and to my dearest beloved mother who were always there to provide incessant support. To all my friends in Yahoo 360 whose quality accompaniment inspires me. All of these, are countless blessings that made my writings realized. 
 
Writing has been a dream since childhood. According to my late father, during my younger age, I could already tell them a short story to entertain them.
 
When my late father was still with us, he often told the same story and heard it from him several times when all of us were at home especially during Sundays if not, during evening before evening prayers and before going to sleep. 
 
Yes, it was true. During my high school days,I composed a song and short story that was even played on stage drama with the earnest efforts of my teachers as Editors.  
 
I supposed to take up Journalism when I was in college however, the course I desired was not offered in our locality so I took up Business Course instead. Not only that, my parents can't afford to send me to school especially in College when it is far from our place.
 
The same dream did not come to realize when I work permanently in the Government. In spite of it, during solitude I kept on writing. Writing is my immediate activity and it never stop. It has been a part of myself and a primary hobby. I am happy to stay home and write. I am more fascinated in poetry. I am an avid reader of the works of Shakespeare, Kipling, Poe and Faulkner.
 
In my room, my accessions and accessories are my books, dictionaries, encyclopedia and all writing materials which I could readily use when am burning my midnight candles. 
 
Any concept conceived to my mind, I immediately write it for composition. Until one day, the Internet comes. The Internet becomes an integral part for my research and study. I am patronizing the Internet purportedly for my writings, to learn more and to possibly impart my piece of work to my friends and to the whole world. 
 
Yahoo is the first domain which I participated in. I joined also its messenger where I met quality friends who are likewise here in 360. Since YM is not really the right venue for me, although my id is still active, I joined Yahoo 360 through my Quest in the later part of 2005 but not active in Blogging.
 
I then realized that by joining the site, I could impart my writings. So, I started writing with just a simple lines in the later part of 2006. As my mind works, it convinced me to write more until I enable to write and successfully posted Twenty (20) Articles for 2007 and met more quality friends in 2007 that helps a lot to this career. 
 
In the later part of October last year, I joined an earning site through my best friend where I posted several discussions and received several responses. Although the earning is not as much, but am still happy because it helps my writing career. I enjoyed the participation not because that I earned but because of sharing useful insights.
 
I was also a paid and author of good standing at CIO, US, owned by Microsoft, writing reviews and quality content for CIAO but, it ceased its operation due to policy violations made by abusive authors. 
 
Since, I am still active in the Government service and could hardly spare my time in writing but the same is not a bar because I could write and post them when time warrants.  
 
The discussions I've shared with that earning site influences me to have my own sub-domain in Blogger. In the 4th Quarter of 2007, I successfully posted Twelve(12) Articles. 
 
Since, I am still on the process of updating and improving the site, I could not invite my friends. My Yahoo 360 still active and I am still posting Articles.
 
I could not just leave Yahoo 360 because it is where my writings began. The total posted Articles in 2007 were Thirty-Two (32) which I hopefully believed to increase exponentially this year and onward thus, indicate greater opportunity for a successful writing career in the future and to have my own domain someday.  
Being an Amateur, I do need to learn more and improve my writing skills. Therefore, to all of you my dear friends, especially in Yahoo 360, thank you so much for the sincerest support. Your support is of great help to my writing career! MORE POWER TO EVERYONE and GOD BLESS!

4 comments:

admin said...

wow that was a good read. i love reading your article. i can really tell you love writing. blogging is a good venue to convey your thoughts and share your works. i'd love to see a new site from you which will house nothing but your writings- poetry, short stories, quotes.. im looking forward to seeing that materialize. but of course, it's all up to you.. that's just my suggestion.

tc...

The Author said...

thanks! hoping so. I could have my own site for my writings...

admin said...

why don't you create a new site still with blogger.. just make sure no one will copy your articles..

The Author said...

Am really planning but would i leave this site since I am still improving it? How would i protect my articles? You know very well that I need your suggestions and opinions being new to this kind of stuff. Let me hear your opinions and suggestions as to this site and for a new one or may we can talk online. Thanks....

The Sexy Blogger Award
Awarded by bestre to verity

LINKS

Share Page Rank Check